I love clothes~

Shop 50s inspired dresses, beautiful skirts and other fun clothes for women

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Where I lay my head

So after showing you pics of my daughters day bed in my last post, I thought it would be fun to show you where I lay my head at night.  I have had my room decorated this way for about a year now and I am still in love with the look that was achieved.  Here is a little back ground story.  As I have gotten older I am starting to really find what my style is.  I'm gonna call it eclectic/antique~ For so many years I was trying to copy different peoples styles but thankfully I came to senses and just did me.  I realized through this process that I really loved the color blue.  Although if you ask me what my favorite color is I'll tell you all of them.  Every color has a purpose and is beautiful in my eyes.  In saying that there are some colors that I would not paint my walls in or base a whole room around.  In the case of my room, blue was the starting color.  The kicker if you will.  I decided first to sell my whole bedroom set and piece together furniture that sang to me.  I ran down to me favorite antique shop and began the hunt.  I found three pieces.  A dresser for me, one for my hubby and a tall wardrobe.  I can't remember the exact cost but if I had to guess it would be around 500 hundo for all 3.  They were all different wood colors but mainly in darker stain.  This is where my love for blue and spray paint collided.  I'll post pics of them in another post.  My bedroom adjoins to the bathroom/closet/makeup/sitting area. It was painted with a really cool technique. I believe its called venetian.  I wanted to save it so I choose a color that was close, for the bedroom.  A color called champagne is what I ended up what.  Almost white with a little pink.  I wanted the pieces I had painted and distressed to pop and be focal, not the walls.  The bed was pretty easy.  Antique beds do not come in the regular sizes we have today and if you are spoiled by having a king, its hard to go back down to a full.  Instead I opted to keep the king and just get a frame.  The headboard was made from some really cheap wood we bought from lowes.  I found the idea on pinterest. (here) lizmarieblog.com  We bought 2 sizes and randomly cut and stapled to wall to a king size headboard dimension.  I then stained the wood in ebony.  We didn't get to sleep in our room for a couple days due to strong smell.  Also make sure that you allow wood to shrink or dry.  The wood we got ended up shrinking after we hung it so I have little gaps.  Its not major enough to take it all back down but just a note for anyone who may try this project.  The bedspread was one I had before the room transformation and I loved it so I just changed it up with pillows and bedskirt.  My favorite pillow is the ornate one in the middle.  It makes me happy! So without further ado. Here is where I lay my head at night!

linking up @
Photobucket

My Repurposed Life
Beyond The Picket Fence
http://www.classyclutter.net/2014/07/creative-collection-link-party-2.htm Photobuckethttp://www.abowlfulloflemons.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/one-project-link-party-5.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

adsense