I love clothes~

Shop 50s inspired dresses, beautiful skirts and other fun clothes for women

Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Heart of a Sunflower

Have you ever seen the heart of a Sunflower? It is exquisite! I love Sunflowers! So when I saw my garden beauties had opened up, I ran for my camera. After, I reflected on what I had captured. Their faces are warmed by the rays of the morning sun. The light eliminating the beauty from within. They stand tall and brave through the heat of midday and their crowns bend in submission to the evening sun. This made me think of my daily walk with the Lord. My mornings should be flooded with light (God's word). My heart open to His love and amazing grace.  My mind reflecting on what great things he has done for me.

Psalm 143:8

Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love,
    for in you I trust.
Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. 
I stand tall and brave in the midday sun. My time with the Lord in the morning has encouraged me and equipped me with the strength to get through.

Isaiah 41:10

10 fear not, for I am with you;
    be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Then my evenings should be filled with humble gratitude. My head bent in submission to my maker.

1 Peter 5:6-7

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

I don't know if I can ever look at a sunflower the same way. How about you? 

ItsOverflowing
By Stephanie Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

adsense