I love clothes~

Shop 50s inspired dresses, beautiful skirts and other fun clothes for women

Thursday, September 11, 2014

When people hurt people

Here is a picture of the utter devastation caused by terrorist on 9/11. 
Today has been an exhausting day.  Not only because of the horrific events that happened 13 years ago, but because of my own personal tragedies.  I would never want to compare my pain to those who lost loved one on 9/11 or the trama that they may still be dealing with. You see I'm hurting because I've hurt people.
I recently heard a sermon by Michael Youseff and he stated that a women had written a letter to his ministry office and given a huge check.  The letter went on to state that the money was to go directly to the aid of muslim evangelism.  Here's where I get choked up every time.  You see, her son was killed by a muslim terrorist in front of a military personal building in Little Rock Arkansas, 2009.  I have tried to put myself in the parents shoes.  I know that what she is did is right and not only that, amazing.  But sadly I don't think I would have responded like that.  I probably would have hated every muslim I ever encountered and cursed them to death.  
After hearing that sermon I am all the more convinced that that kind of forgiveness is not only supernatural (meaning it could only come from God) but it is so important to be able to go on. To fully live.  
I have hurt so many people in my life. Some so deeply that I know that only God's sovereign hand could cover and heal that pain.  My selfishness has taken me to some dark roads and I have all but murdered innocent people along the way.  That is why I pray fervently for them and I ask God to bring to mind those that I'm not aware that I've hurt.  Not so I can have the satisfaction of being forgiven but that they would have the ability to forgive me so they can fully live.  That the hurt I've caused doesn't sway them from compassion or harden them. That my name wouldn't bring pain at just the mention of it.  That I wouldn't be the cause of someone wanting to end their life.  These are the things we never think about.  We don't want to think about them.  Hurting someone deeply could be as simple as bullying someone in school.  Making fun of someones looks.  Outcasting someone because they are different than you.  How about absent parents.  I know so many hurting adults because they had absent parents. All kinds of little ( or so we think) things that could have lasting effects on another human being.  Now lets not mention the big ones~ Rape, Molestation, Adultery, Murder.  Selfishness always at the root. 

Galatians 5:19-2ESV 


Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. 







I feel so much regret.  So I pray that those I've hurt can forgive me and I pray that those who hurt us 13 years ago can be forgiven. Not to diminish the pain they have caused or I have caused but that those who have been hurt can fully live. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

adsense