I love clothes~

Shop 50s inspired dresses, beautiful skirts and other fun clothes for women

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Showcasing my teen and her daybed

I have this teen and she's a beauty!

But you see, she has some insecurities. Like all teens she is searching for significance and her purpose in life. I remember being her age. Oh, how I hated that time. Kids can be so cruel. That's one of the many reason we decided to homeschool our children. But, even though we are sheltering her from the outside influences, she is still searching for that validation that she is special. I have told her over and over how beautiful she is and how wonderful she is, but she is wanting the world to agree. Our society teaches girls these days that they should be beautiful, skinny, expensively dressed and popular (perfect).  Basically they should look and act like a celebrity. How do our children compete with that expectation? How do we teach them that there significance is not found in things or how many likes they get on their instagram pics.

Romans 12:2  Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

As I write this post, I evaluate why I write on this blog. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to be liked. Its probably one of the strongest desire we have as human beings. The question I'm asking is WHY, why do we do what we do? As christians, we are called to do everything to bring Glory to God. That is what we are created for. So I ask my teen, do things, (clothes, latest and greatest gadgets etc..) and popularity, really bring us significance and happiness?


Matthew 16:26For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?

I would say they hinder us for the real purpose we as Christians are called to do.

Hebrews 12:1  Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

Now I'm thoroughly convicted.  I was writing about my child's struggles I am being reminded that I too have some work to do in these areas. We all do! It is a constant battle between the Spirit and the flesh.  That's why is so important to stay in the word and be transformed through it.

Now can I ask you a favor!?  Can you help me showcase my sweet teen today?

The homeschool room use to be a spare bedroom.  When we took the queen out, our son asked if he could have it instead of his twin.  I didn't want to get rid of a potential bed for quests so we decided to make a daybed for our daughter to read, play or have her quest sleep on.




I put the verse there this morning, for this post. While she was asleep! I wanted to drive home the point of this whole post!
Thank you for making me so wonderfully Psalms 139:14. 
If the God of this universe says you are wonderfully made, than who can say your not wonderful? 

As far as the color scheme goes (mom) had some say in that.  We have had fun mixing the oranges and teals together.  I think it turned out sweet and spunky! Most importantly, my teen likes it! 

In closing I want to add this little note to my daughter.  I love you, I am so proud of you and I'm so blessed because I get to be mom to someone who is so wonderful!  Love, Mom
linking up @


Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

adsense