I love clothes~

Shop 50s inspired dresses, beautiful skirts and other fun clothes for women

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Life and Peace~

     I would like to start this post with a verse that spoke to me as I prepared to write about our day.

For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6  ~ Stay with me as I try to make this post, make sense.

    Homeschool went amazing today. After all my bellowing in my last post you would have thought it was hopeless. (I know, my Zhu Zhu pet reference was a little over dramatic.) We started on time and things moved along fairly quickly. Then we came to language and we had to take a couple minutes for a short lecture. The teacher didn't approve of the eye rolling and "yah I know mom",  stuff.  Geography was fun! They used a orange as a pretend globe and sketched out the equator with as many continents as they could fit on that tiny little thing. We were trying to understand how a round globe can be put on a flat piece of paper to use as a map. They then peeled their orange and was asked to make it flat. You see in homeschool, mom allows you to play with your food and calls it school work.  Around noon we started art. The kids were asked to cut out pictures of people from different countries to make a poster. They would keep these in their geography notebook and we would pray for these people throughout the year. The kids were having so much fun that I decided to make one as well. The posters turned out nice but they are heartbreaking at the same time.
I look at the faces of these people and I wonder, what is their life like?  Are the children in school, do they have food, are they warm and happy and most importantly do they know Jesus? I try to put myself in their shoes and I'm torn between sadness and confusion.  These people seem so ancient so separate from today's modern culture.  I sit here typing on a fancy computer, in a fancy house and I wonder, what is it like to be them.  Then I loath myself for being so self centered and so sinful in my worldly desires.  The project asked the kids to place the verse John 3:16 on their poster after they finished glueing on the pictures.  For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.  How often do I think about the people of the world? If you have a minute, right now please join us in prayer for these people.  That they would come to know Jesus as their savior. He is ultimately our only source of life and peace.  Our fleshly desires (sin) only leads to death.  As I stare into these faces right now, Im thinking I want to see you in heaven one day.  Wouldn't that be so cool! To have prayed for one of these people who we will probably never meet in person and then to see them in heaven one day. Wow! Chills! 
So I'll close now and leave this heaviness with us. 
For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6 
What does the Spirit of God want us to set our mind on everyday? 
to be continued..................

No comments:

Post a Comment

adsense