I love clothes~

Shop 50s inspired dresses, beautiful skirts and other fun clothes for women

Thursday, August 21, 2014

(SPRAY PAINTED FURNITURE BABY # 3) HOMESCHOOL CHAIRS~

Have I told you guys how much I love spray paint? Well if I forgot to tell you let me fill you in now, I LOVE SPRAY PAINT! I love paint in general and I'm not the all white kind of girl. I love the look of a white on white room but for some reason I keep going back to color. So when it came to the homeschool chairs it was no different. Yep, you guessed it, they started out white. I had originally wanted to get some metal chairs from Target but when my parents offered me a free table and chairs, I knew the chairs were destined to hold little bottoms. Sorry that I do not have before pictures. I was to excited to get them done. Seeings how I waited till the last minute to paint them. (Like the day before we started school, last minute) Just picture the typical white legs and back, with a oak stained wood seat. Here is what it looks like today~
I'll try and walk you through the steps to getting this look. When I first started out I only planned to spray paint the white parts of the chair red. 2 things happened here. I got the red overspray on the seat and I ran out of red spray paint. (I was able to do a light coat on majority of the legs and back.) So, plan B commenced. I went looking for something to cover the rest of the white, preferably something red. I didn't find anything. What I did spot was some teal blue latex paint that we had used to paint my daughters room. I decided to cover the whole chair with this teal and then sanded it off lightly. Thus leaving the red and white peaking though.
The seat has the wood showing on the edges. The look that I ended up with is funky, bold and has antiqued charm. I love them! I also added a red chair cushion for extra comfort.
I hope that this post has inspired you to use spray paint for your next furniture project. And as always, Have a blessed day!

 Linking up @
Beyond The Picket FenceToo Much Time On My HandsBoogieboard CottageWill Cook For SmilesItsOverflowingUncommon Designs
By Stephanie Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

adsense