I love clothes~

Shop 50s inspired dresses, beautiful skirts and other fun clothes for women

Friday, May 11, 2012

Mothers and Kitchens

It's very close to that special day for Mom's. This morning our school invited all the moms to eat a free breakfast with the kids. It was quite a throw back to the lunch line days. The trays, the hair nets and the chocolate milk, YUM! The lunch tables were definitely made for smaller hineys than mine. It was fun though.

So, I have been thinking about mom stuff all day. What it means to have a mom and the influence that a mom plays in a child's life. I had the privilege of having 2 moms in this life. The one who carried me for the long 9 months and the one who has helped mold and shape me into the person I am today. I never understood the protective pregnancy fears until I was faced with a positive pregnany test myself. There was such joy, but there was a lot of fear. Fear in a primal animal kinda way. Fear/Love that faces giants for a tiny soul. I'm so thankful that my birth mother loved me in this way. That she grew me into a healthy almost 8 pound baby girl and went through labor pains to see me into this world. I'm thankful that she thoughtfully named me and changed every smelly surprise I gave her. But the most important thing she gave me was AWAY. Not in heart but in distance. Happy Mothers Day to my birth mother! I love you:)


When I was 7, I was given a new mom. The years ahead were difficult but through it all even through blinded teenage rage, there was love. Love that protected and prayed for a child that was not her own. It wasnt until I was pregnant with my first child that I knew how much I needed this mom. She was the one who would help me walk this unknown road. To not only teach me her very own lamaz techniques but to do it with me while I was laboring. I wish we could have gotten that on tape. Since that time she has been my friend, confidant, counselor, pray warrior and most of all my MOM. Thank you for sticking it out with me and loving me when it was hard. I must say we fought the fight and won. Happy Mothers Day! I love you

Speaking of moms, for todays may photo a day, it just so happened to be a kitchen. Kitchens and moms go together like peanut butter and jelly. They are family uniters and smell heavenly. I have this framed saying on my counter as a reminder that kitchens are a place for families to gather, eat good food and love each other all the while.

Happy Mothers Day to all the beautiful moms in this world. Its a hard job but its so worth it! Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

adsense