I love clothes~

Shop 50s inspired dresses, beautiful skirts and other fun clothes for women

Friday, January 13, 2012

Fad Friday~ Checkered Dress

World English Dictionary
FAD
1. an intense but short-lived fashion; craze
2. a personal idiosyncrasy or whim

Fad Friday is my intense but sometimes short-lived fashion craze, based on my own idiosyncrasies and whims! I will be straightforward and tell you that I have no clue what the fashion etiquette rules are. I don't pay attention to the newest trends. I don't buy expensive designer clothes. I really don't want another persons name or brand taking up the whole front of my shirt. I'm not your walking billboard. Sheesh! I'm just looking for clothes that reflect my personality, my style and my shape.
As you already know, I love vintage clothes. I do the excited pee pee dance whenever I get the newest item. They make me happy and I feel like I'm meant to be wearing them. It's really hard to explain;) I recently found a whole heap of vintage dresses at a local thrift store. I was like a kid with candy. I've decided I will wear one every Sunday and post them here on Fad Friday for you to see my collection. This first dress is so much fun, super comfy and has these over sized pockets on the side that I adore.
I wore my favorite red peep toe high heels and some black tights for warmth in this January cold. I also added a black belt to my waist for added emphasizes on the balloon skirt. The dress is probably 3 sizes to big for me but I don't care. I loved every minute, being in it!
These pictures were enhanced through Picnik. My new favorite thing to do to my pictures.

To complete this look, curl hair with 1 inch curling iron and slap on the best red lipstick you've got. Bring out that vintage beauty, even if it's only on Sunday's. Jamie



6 comments:

  1. I love vintage clothing too!! So pretty! Hope you have a fabulous weekend~♥Winona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, saw you on 5 ways, Feature Friday. Loved your bathroom drawer post too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress!! Hopped on over from Blonde Episodes Fashion Friday. New Follower.

    www.ginnybrumback.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh THANKS for the sweet lil note about our remodel!.... Then when I come over to thank you, I am pleasantly surprised with my fave music and DARLING pictures!!!! Can't wait to keep reading! I am following you now, I hope you can return the 'love' on your next visit!

    Thanks again!!!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking fabulous!!!! Thanks for linking up honey! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is adorable! Love your style. I'm a HUGE Goodwill shopper and have used paperbackswap before too. I'm in GA, are you? It was the CBS Atl clip. I couldn't find a spot to comment til this post!

    ReplyDelete

adsense