I love clothes~

Shop 50s inspired dresses, beautiful skirts and other fun clothes for women

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thrifting Thursday~

'Thrifting' refers to the act of shopping at a thrift store, flea market, garage sale, or a shop of a charitable organization, usually with the intent of finding interesting items at a cheap price. A larger philosophy permeates the act of thrifting which celebrates the recycling of formerly-owned items, finding new use and new love for vintage material goods which had been thrown out, and the thrill of imagining what the former life of the item was like.

I love thrifting!!! It's one on my most favorite things on planet earth to do. I love getting something for cheap, period! But it's not always about a bargain. I love old as well. Vintage things are like a drug to me. For all you thrifters, you know what I mean!
I recently found some silverplated items at a thrift store that was going out of business. My favorite one!:( I have been moving them around the house trying to find them a semi permanet home. The first piece cost me 5 dollars. I'm using it as a perfume tray. It's purtty!
Next up is this adorable seashell shaped dish. It was in pretty bad shape when I purchased it. It was only a dollar though. The silver plating was coming off but I kinda liked the look of it. It gives it defintion with constrating colors.
I'm using it as a soap display dish.
This next piece serves as a jewelry holder. I think I paid 6 dollars for it. I wasn't using this candle votive anymore so I thought it would make a good jewelry holder. I'm bad about taking my jewelry off all over the house. I have a collection of earrings on the night stand next to the bed, some are in the closet and some end up on the floor. So hopefully by putting this by the bathroom mirror, I will be able to keep better track of them all. Did I mention I have a huge jewelry cabinet that I rarely use. Shame on me! Check this out!:)
Feeling fancy yet?
Loving it~
Pretty~
I think I like it!~

That's my Thrifting Thursday to cents for today. Hope you have a blessed tomorrow~ Jamie

5 comments:

  1. Girl, I know exactly what you mean! I love thrift store shopping!!! I'm pretty picky what I buy too, it has to really speak to me even if its only a dollar. I'm going thrift store shopping tomorrow :) Woo hoo!
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ideas. Loved the "hanging" jewelry. I love thrifting, too. It's truly one of life's joys, isn't it? Wish I could go out NOW but it's snowing. ha! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your display idea - I have no idea why we all hide our jewelry when it's all so pretty! I have mine on a three tiered china desert plate. Love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. some serious vintage bling yum going on here.

    visiting via TTJ and would love to have you stop by kate spade/vintage jewelry giveaway: http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/01/something-old-something-new-giveaway.html.

    smiles.

    michele

    ReplyDelete

adsense