I love clothes~

Shop 50s inspired dresses, beautiful skirts and other fun clothes for women

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Taste it Tuesday~ Sour Cream Cherry Pie

Taste it Tuesday is a day where I share some of my favorite recipes and if I'm brave enough, I'll try some of the recipes I've found on other blogs. I have to admit that I'm really a throw everything in one pot kinda gal. I like recipes that are fast and easy. This also goes for desserts. About 5 years ago my mom came up with this delicious pie. She was looking for ways to cut calories from your regular Cherry Cheesecake. When she told me she used sour cream in it, I was skeptical to how good it would taste. One bite is all it took, and I've been hooked ever since! So ladies and maybe gents, here is the recipe for you to try for yourself.
Sour Cream Cherry Pie~
Here is a list of the ingredients you will need
Nilla Pie Crust
Cool Whip
Sour Cream
Can of Cherry Pie Filling
Vanilla Instant Pudding
Did you count that? Just 5 ingredients!
Get your mixing bowl out and pour in package of pudding

Next add sour cream, I didn't add all of the sour cream, probably 2/3 of it.

Next get out your trusty mixer and mix until fully blended. The mixture will be kinda thick and look like this.

Next add your cool whip. I added 3/4 of the container. The great thing about this pie is that it's easy to tweak to your liking. I like it more thick than not. Also, if you wanted to make this recipe with all sugar free or reduced fat products, it would turn out just as good.


When I add the cool whip, I fold it in with a spatula. It helps to keep the fluffiness of the cool whip.

Next fill the pie crust with your mixture.

Your almost done! Spoon on some cherries, as much or as little as you like. I added every cherry in the can:)

I know it will be hard to do but cover the pie and chill in the fridge for an hour or more. This helps it to firm up and gel all the yummy goodness together. If you wait till the morning the crust is softer. Some say they even like it better in the next day. With coffee you can't go wrong! I thought this would also make a cute Valentine's dessert.
ENJOY~ Jamie
linking up @

4 comments:

  1. This would definitely make a great Valentines Day dessert. It looks and sounds delish!
    Just followed your blog - Love the vintage clothing too :)
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have you as my newest follower and thank you for the sweet comments:) I'm going to head over the Sherry's Bees Nest now. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to make this--thanks for sharing! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! I love your blog! I'm your newest follower!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete

adsense