I love clothes~

Shop 50s inspired dresses, beautiful skirts and other fun clothes for women

Monday, January 2, 2012

On Being Different


Confession:

Being different is one of the hardest lessons and most rewarding lessons I've had to learn. As a kid, I was learning to be just like my parents. As a teen I was trying to fit into a mold that was excepting. All for not! Being me was not exceptable! I was tall, chubby and had curly frizzy hair. I didn't have the best clothes, or dress the newest style trend. I wasn't like the rest, I WAS DIFFERENT................ By the time I was a young adult, I had tried to erase every last part of different in me. I remember someone asking me what my favorite color was. Uh, I dont know, let me think about it, I replied. All the while waiting for them to share their's so I could agree that "yep" that was mine too. This has been a huge struggle for me. Every decision I make, is clouded by, will someone else like it or I think I need someone else's expertise because what I like isn't good enough or pretty. I realize the obserity in this, that's why I'm sharing it! I want you, and you, and ME to be okay with being different. I want us to love ourselves for our uniqueness. Now I'm not saying that we can't like other people's talents and try to immulate them in our own lives. I'm talking about second guessing everything about yourself, because you don't know who you are or what you like. Because somewhere in side, you've told yourself you're not worthy of an opinion. You're not allowed to like what you like. You're not good enough. So, I'm putting this out there and I'm screaming it from the top of my lungs! It's ok to be different! It's ok to be unique! It's ok to be YOU! Besides you're more beautiful when you are authentic! I'm finding that different is interesting, and attractive. Being uniquely myself is exactly what I was made to be. God makes every person unique unto themselves, even down to a fingerprint. Those little lines on your finger are a fraction off from mine. Isn't that cool!
In closing, I can't tell you how it makes me feel, when someone out in this big o world, who doesn't even know me, leaves a comment about what I'm doing or saying on this blog. It's just one more indication that I am ok being exactly who I am. Frizzy hair in all:) And thank you, to all the blogger ladies who share their stories and lives with us. It a beautiful thing to stop by and see YOU and all your uniqueness coming out! :) Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

adsense